Sunday, February 07, 2010

All your interviews are belong to us.

My interview got bumped from monday the 8th to friday the 5th, which left me a day to prepare.
I didn't even have any business outfits, so I had to quickly buy the appropriate attire.
Man, I hate ties and pointy business shoes. It's just not me. I look scary enough as it is, no need to dress me up as a contract killer. But protocol is protocol.

The interview went fine I think. Just fine, not well or fantastic. I think I had good chemistery with the interviewer, but i got nervous during the technical evaluation. I was so nervous It took me a couple of minutes to write a binary search function. And it came out all messy on paper.

I nailed the SQL question though, and I think I successfully conveyed the impression that I'm responsible, organized and motivated.

Turns out Perl is quite a useful thing to have on a resume. I need to polish up on my Perl.

Given my performance in the technical phase, I don't expect them to hire me.
I'll be depressed if they don't, but not surprised.
Would it be such a loss? I don't know, it's primarily a testing gig. But I like the atmosphere, so if they offer me a job, I think I'll take it, even if it's not design. I think I have much to learn before I am worthy of design, especially if I can't even write a goddamn binary search function on the spot.

):

1 comment:

  1. Baby, i'm sure you did well. And based on your "contract killer" appearance, I'm sure they won't even think about not hiring you.

    ReplyDelete